Friday, April 1, 2011

Swim and Run (aka: listen to your body)

So, this was today's scheduled workout:

Swim: 1100-1200m
Run: Tempo; 5-6 miles
That, my friends, is NOT what took place. Here's what happened:

Swim: 200m warmup; 4x25m hard, 25m easy; 5x100m w/rest; 200m cool-down
Run: 1 mile easy, 1 miles at 80% of 10k pace, .5 miles easy (aka: walk for the cooldown)
The swim went well. I did some bilateral breathing on my warmup and cooldown to start getting into the practice of it. So much harder than you'd think! But, I could feel that my body likes it more... I just need to learn to do it without taking in water.

Changing after the swim was humorous to say the least. My sports bra was NOT cooperating! Now I definitely know why people have said that if you want to wear it for the tri, wear it for the swim.

The run did NOT go well at all. Remember that water I took in from the bilateral breathing? Yea, my colon did too. I should've just gotten off the treadmill, gone to the bathroom, and started back up. My stubborn self didn't and that made for a sucky run. I did the first mile at a 10:00min//mile pace. The second mile was a 8:47min/mile pace. The second pace actually felt good, other than the cramp where I don't normally get one. Since it was so bad, I decided it was better to cut the run short and walk for a half mile.

Tomorrow's a rest day - thank goodness. My body could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment