Friday, April 8, 2011

Another Swim and Prep for Tomorrow

Yesterday was wonderful. I mean, sitting my butt on the couch is always a nice break, but yesterday, it was FANTASTIC.

Today's workout was a swim. Here was the original workout:

Swim - 1850m

Guess what?! I did all but the last 100m of the cooldown. I had been in the pool for 45 min and just wanted out by that time. So, a total of 1750m today! I think that may be the farthest I've swam in a single workout. The pulls were hard, but totally what I needed. I discovered that I really need to work on my left arm pull. It'll get better with time, I'd rather be learning these things now!

In addition to the gym, I also picked up our race packets for our first 5k of the season. I'm a bit nervous since I haven't raced since October 2009. The last time I raced, I set a PR for my 10k and then couldn't walk on my left leg for about 2 days (pulled AT). I was also about 20 lbs heavier. I've gotten so much faster, so hopefully I'll break the 30 minute mark and set a new 5k PR. I think my fastest 5k time was 35 minutes and some change before the injury.

Coach L will be there manning a table for Crossfit. It'll be good to be able to let her know how things went right after I get done.

Just need to set everything out, shower, and get to bed at a relatively reasonable time. I'll definitely be updating tomorrow with how the race goes, especially since it's my workout for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment