Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Swim and TNT

So today's first workout was my 5am swim. Thankfully a few other ladies showed up at 5, so I wasn't all alone in the pool. Here's what the workout was supposed to be: 1400m

Here's what I got in: 1200m

Coach L did her first race in 2 yrs (after recovering from an injury) - a half iron man (70.3 miles overall) this past weekend. So, The reason I didn't get everything in was because we were all hanging on the wall of the pool listening to her race recap. It gave me a good glimpse of what my (much shorter) first race will probably be like.

After I got out of the pool, Coach L and I were chatting. She said that when she walked up to the pool, she was trying to identify everyone based on stroke and swim cap and she couldn't place me. She said my stroke's improved so much in the past 2 weeks (she wasn't at last week's swim). We talked a bit about what I was doing to help improve it and make sure I'm pulling the water. I feel GOOD about the way my swimming is going. I'm finding that I'm not quite as exhausted getting out of the water, and it's generally easier to swim than it was. I know there's still a lot of room for improvement, but it'll come with time.

After work, I headed to the gym for TNT. I walked on the treadmill for about 25 minutes before class, stretched out for a couple of minutes, and then did my weightlifting class. It was a good class, but I was ready to collapse by the time I got home. Apparently 4 workouts in 24 hours is the most I can do. :)

Is it sad that I'm looking forward to Thursday just to lay on my couch?

No comments:

Post a Comment