Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday bike ride

Today's workout was supposed to be a 90 min ride followed by a 30 min run. In the comedy of errors that was my week last week, this is NOT what happened.

So, my husband and I decided to go out for a late afternoon ride. I figured a good, solid, 60 minute ride was in order. We got 27 minutes into it, crossed the last of the roads before our turn around and I got a flat. Not that big of a deal, right? WRONG. The re-inflation by CO2 didn't work... twice. So, my husband rode the 6.5 miles back to the car while I sat and chilled out for an hour.

He apparently was having horrid images of me being raped and murdered - neither of which happened. The turkey buzzards were far scarier than any person who passed. He did laugh when he finally got to me and I still had my helmet on while sitting on the concrete barrier.

Thankfully, all went well... except for the fact that I didn't get in my full ride. Ah well... there'll always be another ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment