Friday, April 15, 2011

Swim and Run

Today's workout was a rough one. I had a swim and run to do.

Since I didn't do my kick and pulls on Wednesday morning, I decided to add them to tonight's workout. Some of my 50m easies were kicks/pulls instead of just being "easy". The swim went really well, but man was I tired afterwards! 1600m down and just a run to go!

I had a hard time getting back out of the door for the run, but I managed. I did my warmup mile and did 10x 60sec on, 60sec off, 30 sec on, 30 sec off. Why? Because I didn't realize I was supposed to do 6. Oops! The run went really well. I saw a few funny things while traveling around the neighborhood. A landscaper got sprayed by the hose when he opened up the fire hydrant for their job. Then, one of the neighbors was razzin me a bit and told me I couldn't possibly be tired (it was on one of my "off" times) and only had about 4 or 5 more laps to go. I laughed and told him he was about right. When I was on my last one, I ran by and told him I was done and headed home. He laughed. I love it when people are friendly and laughing. Makes me smile.

The rest day on Thursday was just what I needed. Tomorrow's a rest day as well. Looking forward to my brick on Sunday - complete with transition training.

No comments:

Post a Comment