Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Snakes in the Pool and Emotional Lifting

Ok, ok, there were no real snakes in the pool, but we did a snake swim in the pool. That counts, right? I started with my warm-up and got halfway through my drills. One of the other ladies asked about my tri and we talked for a while about what the cancellation meant for my schedule. Seems like it's the topic of conversation for the week!

About 15 minutes before I'm done with my workout, Coach L decides that we should go ahead and still do the 400 yard snake swim we were going to do as a practice for my race. It was kind of fun. The only thing is that I kept hitting my hand on the land divider and I've got a bruise there now! Ah well, latest badge of honor. I did the 400 yard swim in 8:09. I'm happy with the time, it was just what I thought it'd be.

Tonight was my last night of TNT at Regency with J. As it got closer to 5:45, the end of the workout, it was getting harder. I did manage to get out of there without shedding a tear, but just barely. Great workout, but super emotional. I'm still not 100% sure it's the *right* decision, but I have to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment