Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rainy Hills

Since nothing ever goes according to plan, you know today's workouts can't either. Today was supposed to be hill repeats outside (of course). Well... at 3:30am, some wicked thunderstorms rolled through at like 80mph. It was crazy. Hail, pouring down torrential rain, high winds, the whole nine yards.

Needless to say, track was canceled. Unknown to me, emails were flying last night at 8:30pm discussing canceling our workout. I guess I should've checked email before I went to bed. Oops. So, my alarm still went off at 4:10. I slept until 4:20 and then checked email (given that it was still lightening out) and realized that we were off, so back to bed I went.

So, I went to work, came home to relax for a few, and then headed to the gym at 5. I talked with Trey (my potentially new TNT trainer, Jon's current TNT trainer) for a few minutes and then hit the treadmill to do my hill workout. I rocked it out at an average of 3.5% incline and an 8:34 min/mile. The last 3 of my 10 hill repeats I decided to up the ante and did a 4% incline at an 8:00 min/mile. I LOVE THIS. I'm getting faster and stronger in my runs.

I got off the treadmill, stretched for a few minutes, and then headed to spin class. Guess what we did at spin class?! HILLS! Of course. It was brutal after hill repeats, but I powered through and I'm glad I did. I was at spin class for an hour and 15 min (I'm always on the bike a few minutes before class).

I also figured out where my leak in my tube was. Now, I just need to replace the tube. Maybe Thursday when I'm resting and have some down time.

Overall, today rocked... it was just... hilly. :)

2 comments:

  1. 4:10! That is dedication. I was pleased I got up at 5:10 to do a little bit in the pleasure of my home :) I thought of you and Sarah as I was getting up. Awesome workout. Are you falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda :) I'm glad you're thinking of Sarah and I as you're working out... motivation in numbers!

    I'm not falling asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Sleep doesn't come easily to me (go figure) even after all of this exercise!

    ReplyDelete