Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today's Swim Sucked

The title says it all. Honestly, I didn't want to get up and go to the workout. I was having a great sleep (which rarely happens) and when the alarm went off I just wasn't ready to get out of bed.

I got to the pool, got in, and started my swim. At some point during it, Coach L stopped me and was talking about my stroke. I was pretty honest with her and told her I was super tired and I knew I was swimming lazy, but I'd definitely try to work on it.

We did talk a bit about my nerves for my first tri (May 1st is coming up quickly!). She told me that my swim would definitely be my slowest/weakest part. She assured me that I'm stronger on the bike than I think I am and that my runs are great, so not to worry. I let her know my goal is literally to finish standing... and she told me that I'd definitely accomplish that goal.

I went to work and never really woke up. At 3pm, I emailed my TNT trainer, J, and let him know I wouldn't be joining the group today. I just needed some rest. I really did need it, as I was almost falling asleep on the way home (BAD!).

No comments:

Post a Comment