Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Ride & New Shoes

So, I was ubber lazy (and totally uninspired) to do Friday and Saturday's workouts. I sooooo need to get better about the runs. After this sprint, I've got goals to work on.

Today, we rode the course for next week's sprint. We did 3 loops (17.7 miles because we did the first one wrong) in 1:11:xx. On June 5, I did the course in 42 minutes, so my goal is to break 40 on Sunday. Clipping in faster would be a good help! Hopefully that won't be as much of an issue this time.

I knew I needed new running shoes, so I didn't do the run after the bike (it helped that no one else did it either). After I got home, we went out to run errands and I got new shoes. I didn't get the same ones as last time because they no longer carry them. So, I'm in Saucony Progrid Ride 3's now. We'll see how they do! The best part is that they're originally $95 and were on sale for $76. Not only that, but we were close enough to earning our $20 coupon that they went ahead and gave it to me. That's right, I got my running shoes for $56. Seriously?! I've never gotten off so cheaply! Now, to run in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment