Sunday, July 3, 2011

100th post & Next Week's Schedule

Hard to believe it's my 100th post already! This season's been crazy. My first and last tri's of the season have both been canceled, forcing me to find new ones to take their places; I've done an aquathon; and I've done things I never thought I'd be able to do. I've looked into things I never thought I would and have set goals I previously would've thought I was crazy for setting. I think the most important thing the world of triathlons has taught me so far is that it's OK to roll with the punches; get mad, get upset, but suck it up and move on. I feel like I've been able to apply this in the rest of my life since I've started with my training for tris. Self improvement is always a good thing in my book.

Speaking of my last tri of the season... TriRock Gettysburg got "postponed" until next year for "logistical reasons". Whatever. All I know is now I need to find a new tri... again. I feel like this is the story of my season. I have it narrowed down to the Giant Acorn International or the Half Full (International distance). Just need to determine which to do.

Here's this week's schedule:

Monday
Day off

Tuesday
Running drills - practice #4, pulling with hamstring, leaning with hips.
We are going to stick with the 200's this week, keeping the distance of the sprints shorter to practice good form.
6-10 x 200's

Wednesday
Swim - wu - 500 swim and drills (Drills - 1 arm drill, fist drill, 6 kicks each side drill, breathing 3, 5, 7 drill); 10 x 75's (10-15 sec. rest btwn); Cool down - 300 non free (kicking, breast, back)

Thursday
Bike - wu 20 min; 40 min. tempo ride - hold a fast pace, just under race pace.

Friday
Swim - wu with drills and swim  300 yd; Broken mile swim (11, 10, 9, 8, 7, etc. down to 1); cool down

Saturday
Run - long run (distances below)
Sprint - 3 -4 miles
Olympic - 6-7 miles
Half Iron - 9-11 miles

Sunday
Brick (distances/times below)
Sprint - 1.5 hour ride / 30 min. run
Olympic - 2 hour ride / 40 min. run
Half Ironman - 2. 5 hour ride/ 60 min run

No comments:

Post a Comment