Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday's Swim

Today's swim was:

Swim - wu - 300 swim and drills; Drills - 1 arm drill, heads up drill, front to back drill; 8-10 x 100 yd. on either 2 min. /2:10/2:20 depending on your pace. You want to have a 15-20 sec. rest btwn.
Cool down - 200 non free (kicking, breast, back)

I did:

Swim - wu - 300 swim and drills; Drills - 1 arm drill, heads up drill, breathing drill; 10 x 100 yd. on either 2 min. /2:10/2:20 depending on your pace. You want to have a 15-20 sec. rest btwn.
Cool down - 100 non free (kicking, breast, back)

This morning's swim was good! T and Coach L watched my swim when I did my first 100. They suggested I make my stroke wider - apparently I was crossing my center line when entering the water. I had no idea! As soon as I did though, I felt so much more powerful. Crazy how that works.

Coach L was asking what my time for my first 100 was, and I told her it was 1:43. She was like "oh, that's good" and then realized what I said and was like "Heather, that's great!". We chatted a bit about how much I slow down throughout the set. My slowest is usually about 1:50, so that's good. I'm pretty happy with the improvements since March and DEFINITELY since January!

I'm feeling very strong this week. I like this feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment