Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Swimming lap after lap

Today's workout was:

wu - 500 swim and drills (Drills - 1 arm drill, fist drill, 6 kicks each side drill, breathing 3, 5, 7 drill); 10 x 75's (10-15 sec. rest btwn); Cool down - 300 non free (kicking, breast, back)

What I ended up doing was:

wu - 500 swim and drills (Drills - 1 arm drill, fist drill, 6 kicks each side drill, breathing 3, 5, 7 drill); 10 x 75's (10-15 sec. rest btwn); Cool down - 100 non free (kicking, breast, back)

The only thing that changed was my cool down. The swim felt good, especially for a day when I was trying to convince myself that I NEEDED to do it. I even skipped the morning workout. I'm glad I talked myself into doing it in the afternoon. I was trying pretty hard to concentrate on my form, especially keeping my head down further in the water. I'm still reading Total Immersion, and have been working on tips from it.

My 75s were anywhere between 60 and 70 seconds per set. I was pretty happy with it. I know I can get faster, but that'll come with time.

Total: 1350m

No comments:

Post a Comment