Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday - Swim

Tonight's workout was:

Swim - 250m warmup, 6x25m drills, 3x100m base interval, 6x25m kick set, 6x25m pull set, 250m cool down

And that's exactly what I did. For the drills, I did 100m left side only breathing and 50m bilateral breathing. I need to continue to strengthen my left side breathing, so I'm working on it!

The workout was good. I was the only person in the pool until my pull sets, which was great. Nice and quiet. It let me get some stuff out of my head, which was desperately needed. It's been a hard week on so many levels. Not the worst it could be, but definitely not the best.

I've also decided that I hate kick sets. I know they serve a purpose, but they're not my favorite. The pull drills went really well today, I was actually glad to be doing them!

I'm starting to really look forward to my weekly swims again!

No comments:

Post a Comment