Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday - TNT/Run & body fat checks

Today was a good day. I got my Garmin Forerunner 110 in the mail yesterday. I already owned the Garmin Forerunner 405 CX... and HATE it. No, seriously, I don't know that I've ever hated an electronic device more (well, maybe my BlackBerry, but that's another story). When I was only running, I disliked it, but didn't hate it. Now that I'm tri-ing, I hate it. For training, it's not bad. Usually, it's fine actually. In races, it sucks. In tris you never really dry off from the swim, so using the touch bezel is incredibly difficult. Stupid touch bezel. Honestly, I don't use all of the "features" and just wanted something simpler, so I bit the bullet and ordered the 110. We'll give the 405 to my brother to do his training with. Nice Christmas present. I decided to order it with the heart rate monitor and decided that I'm going to use it.

I went for a run - with intention to run 2-4 miles. I haven't run since the race on Oct 1. I've also been sick and haven't fully recovered, so that's not so great. I ended up running 2 miles in just under 20 minutes. Not too bad considering. I did wear the HR monitor, but haven't uploaded the data yet, so I'm not too sure what it looks like. It was a beautiful day out and I'm glad I got to take advantage of it!

I got home, changed, and went to TNT. TNT was pretty good. It did wear me out a little more than I'm used to, but I think it's because I'm not 100% yet. One of the other ladies said I was sweating more than normal, so that was probably a good indicator of me not being quite well yet.

We had body fat checks today. My stats are:

Weight: 133.0
Body Fat Percent: 16.1%
Fat Weight: 21.3 lbs
Lean (non-fat) Weight: 111.8 lbs

I'm up 2 lbs from 13 weeks ago, but that's not too bad considering the complete debauchery that's been the past few weeks. Starting next week, I'm getting this back in check, period.

My goal for 13 weeks from now is 128. So, 5 lbs in 13 weeks. Totally doable!


Update: Here's the data from my run:

Distance: 2.04 miles
Time: 19:13
Elevation Gain: 50 ft
Elevation Loss: 63 ft
Average Pace: 9:26/mile
Average HR: 180
Max HR: 196

No comments:

Post a Comment