Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday - Swim

I was super excited about today's workout. I haven't been in the pool in about a month now. Crazy!

Swim workout:
250 warmup (4-5 RPE),
4x25 (RI 0:10) drill set,
2x100 (RI 0:05) base interval (6-7 RPE),
4x25 (RI 0:15) kick set,
4x25 (RI 0:10) pull set,
250 cool down (4-5 RPE)

Total: 1000m

I got in the pool aroun 3:45 and there wasn't anyone else in it. So nice. It was getting a little crazy when I was leaving. Anyhow... The warm up and cooldown seemed a little long, given that they were half the workout today. Bit, it was a nice short one to get back into the swing of things.

For drills, I did bilateral breathing today. I think the next swim, I might do only left side breathing. I can tell I'm not as comfortable breathing on my left side, but I need to learn. Also, I need to learn to breathe every 4th stroke instead of every 2nd (so every other time my left arm hits the water instead of every time). I think that'll be a drill at some point this off season.

It feels GOOD to be back in the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment