Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wet Wednesdays

Today's workout was:
Swim - wu - 400 swim and drills; 5 x 125 medium pace as follows:75 kick followed by 50 swim (:20 rest); 150 swim easy pace; 3 x 75 fast pace (:30 rest); Cool down 300 mixed strokes

I did:
Swim - wu - 200 swim and drills; 5 x 125 medium pace as follows:75 kick followed by 50 swim (:20 rest); 150 swim easy pace; 3 x 75 fast pace (:30 rest); Cool down 200 mixed strokes

Total: 1400

I was SO PROUD of myself today. My 75 fasts were all done at 1:13 or 1:14 each. That means that each 25 yd length was done at an average of 24 seconds. That's super fast for me. My 100s would've been 1:37 or so and not my normal 1:50. I wouldn't be able to keep that tempo up for long, but it felt good. I felt strong.

I ordered a few items to help in my training. 1) "Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way to Swim Better, Faster, and Easier" (I'm very excited to read it.) , 2)"Swim Workouts for Triathletes: Practical Workouts to Build Speed, Strength, and Endurance", and 3) "The Triathlete's Guide to Off-Season Training (Ultrafit Multisport Training Series)". The first two should be here today - can't wait to get reading!

I need to find a book on cycling more confidently - as well as some drills to go out and do. The swim and bike are definitely my weak areas and I'd really like to improve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment