Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Swim

I was supposed to do this swim yesterday, but instead of that, I got a haircut and we closed on our refi of our house. So, I did the swim today. Here's what the workout was:

wu with drills 300; tempo swim - 35 min straight swim. Just below race pace. trying to cover as much distance as possible. Record distance; cool down

I can't lie, I was a bit scared about this workout. I know exactly why this week's workouts were what they were. It was all things that I've talked about with Coach L. Today, I got out there and did my 300m warmup, the 35 min swim, and a 200m cooldown. When I got in, I was sharing the lane with a guy who knew what he's doing. Very easy to share with. About 20 minutes into my 35 minute straight swim, this woman shows up and is basically flailing all over the place, swimming straight up in the middle of the lane, and generally trying to take over the lane we're now sharing. I have to say, that when I swam past, I didn't hold back from hitting her on a couple of strokes just to make the point. I was hugging the lane line and doing my thing. It seemed to get her to move out of the way for the most part. I really don't mind sharing the lane, as long as the other person can share the lane easily.

Anyhow... so here's my total distance:
WU = 300m
Swim = 1600m
CD = 200m
Total = 2100m

I'm thrilled with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment