Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Swim

Today's workout was:

wu with drills; 5 x (100 swim, 100 pull, 100 kick)

I did exactly that. 200m warmup, 5 x (100 swim, 100 pull, 100 kick), and 100m cooldown.

Total: 1800m

I managed to do the entire thing, even though I was REALLY trying to talk myself out of doing the last two sets of kicks. I've decided I hate kicks, but they're probably a necessary evil.

A funny thing happened in the pool today. I was the only one in the pool when this happened. The lifeguard who is normally on duty was walking around the pool deck after having just come in from the outdoor pool. I was doing a set of kicks and I hear her say "Oh crap!"and she's down on the pool deck with her arm in the pool. I realize she dropped something in the pool and said, "I'll get it" and swam over (across the other two lanes). The manager came over when I got over to where the lifeguard was... and as I went down to get the object, I realized what it was... her phone! Poor thing. So, I told her to get some rice and to let the phone dry in it. Hopefully she did. Right after that happened, a little girl puked on the deck of the outdoor pool. It was not this lifeguard's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment