Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Swimming laps

This morning's workout was everything I didn't want to do, but am SO GLAD I did. Here's the workout:

Swim: wu 300, 300 drills (3 sets of 50 drill, 50 swim), 4x ((4x50 fast pace, 20sec rest) and (200m fast pace, 1 min rest))

I got in: wu 300, 300 drills (3 sets of 50 drill, 50 swim), 2x ((4x50 fast pace, 20sec rest) and (200m fast pace, 1 min rest)), 4x50

total: 1600 yds

I was tired, didn't really feel like it, but did it. And you know what? It felt good. My 50s are getting a little faster. I still need to work on my breathing (going longer between breaths), but I figure that'll come with time. For the drills, I did the fingertip drill, bilateral breathing, and pull.

I talked with Coach L for a little bit after I got out of the pool about the race on Saturday. I told her it's looking like rain and that it makes me a bit nervous because I've never ridden in the rain. She gave me a few tips: don't inflate the tires all of the way (got to 105 - 110 psi instead of 120 psi); take corners and hills slower - be smart; stay off of the lines on the road (they're slippery); and the faster I ride, the faster it'll be over and I can get running.

No comments:

Post a Comment