Sunday, May 8, 2011

Millbrook Quarry Swim

Today was the quarry swim. I was so nervous about this. It was my first time in my wetsuit and first time in the open water. Oh and... an 800m swim! SAY WHAT?!

Got my wetsuit on and all was good. Step 1 - check! Got into the water, got used to the water. Step 2 - check! Started swimming... holy crap I can't breathe! Ok, seriously, cold water + trying to breathe = bad things. I ended up breast stroking the majority of the first 800m go around, but I made it. My goggles kept fogging up, which was annoying as all get out. I got to the end of the course and got out of the water. I wasn't too sure if I was going to go around a second time or not.

Well... I decided to go around a second time. I wasn't going to do the entire thing, but as I got to the point I originally said I was going to head back to shore, I felt great and decided to keep going. I ended up doing the full 800m and was so happy I did.

Swim time today was a little over 40 minutes and 1600m. I'm so happy I did it! Bring on next weekend's 500m!

No comments:

Post a Comment