Monday, May 30, 2011

Official TriRock Annapolis Race Report - Post Race/Summary/Lessons Learned

Part 3 of the official race report

Post-Race
I felt GREAT at the finish line. As we got closer to the line, I couldn’t believe that I was actually going to finish (and in decent time) my first triathlon. The clock time was 1:57 something, which was about right since I had entered the water around 7:20. I was so happy and proud of myself!

Once I crossed the line, I got my medal, food, and drinks. Jon caught up with me and I threw him the cookies for later. I was a bit confused on how to get back into the transition area to get my stuff, but managed to figure it out. One of the girls in my age group was just heading out on the run, so I directed her on where to go. I finished packing up my stuff and we headed out. If the weather had been better, we would’ve hung out at the post-race party. But it had started to sprinkle again and I just wanted dry clothes!

The race results were posted later that same day, which was good. The distances were not accurate because of the volunteer on the run course. I think the swim and bike ones were though. There didn’t seem to be too many race officials on the course or I’m sure a lot of us would’ve gotten hit with the drafting penalty on the bike ride. The photos came a few days later. I was happy to see them and might even order a couple.

Summary and Lessons Learned
Overall, I was pretty happy with how this race went, even in the rain. I need to get in more open water training, biking in the rain, and be more comfortable on my bike in general. I’d probably do this race again, but am looking forward to the rest of my season!

No comments:

Post a Comment