Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thursday & Sunday's workouts

Thursday, I went to the gym to do an hour spin. I'm not sure why I thought it'd be better to do it there, but it turned out... it wasn't. I hate Chatty Kathy's. You're at the gym to work out, work hard enough you can't hold an entire conversation. Sigh... I dislike the trainer of this chick even more, but that's neither here nor there. I got about 45 minutes in and then called it quits. I had lost all motivation and ability to concentrate, even with my music blaring in my ears. YUK!

Thursday night was a swim workout with the team. We had a weak side breathing side that SUCKED. Other than that, the set went well. I'm being moved up a lane because I'm just a bit too fast for the people in this lane I was in Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday I wasn't sure because they had all hung on the wall for a bit... Thursday made it evident. Swim Coach R gave me a couple of things to work on, mostly just making sure I get my elbows high. My right arm comes too high, which causes my left arm to suffer a bit. So, I'll be working on that.

Today, Jon and I did a brick. We went out for a 1 hr bike ride (on the new bike too!) and a 30 min run. Originally, we were going to do 1.5 hrs on the bike, but I need to build up to that on the new bike. It'll get there. The hour on the bike felt good. I definitely feel it in my shoulders, but I'm told that's a bit normal. The run was great! I need new shoes, but other than that, it was a solid 3.1 in 30:39... I could've definitely run a bit faster to keep that time under 30, but with it being my 3rd brick of the season (and was supposed to be a Z2 workout!), I thought better of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment