Sunday, June 24, 2012

Today's Brick Sucked

Yup... it sucked. Well... not all of it, but as a whole and man has it left me in a foul mood. On a good workout day, I can be as high as a kite from the adrenaline rush for the rest of the day. Ok, so... to discuss the workout.

Today, we set out for a 2 hr bike ride and 1 hr run. We started out at 6:45 this morning on the trail and went west. For the most part, it was a nice, easy ride out. The ride back was good too. We hit 25.6 mph  at some point, which is awesome! I had so much fun going speedy speedy! We did 1 hr 40 min, almost 28 miles.

We got off the bikes and Jon put them on the rack while I took off for my run (his run was 30 minutes). .99 miles into the run things started to go wrong. My right knee's been bothering me after getting off my bike. It's the new shoes I have and the cleat placement on them and it's driving me NUTS. I'm taking the bike and shoes to the bike store on Tuesday to get it changed. If I knew which direction to move it, I'd just do it myself! So... at .99 miles, my knee started bothering me. I stretched it out, squat-ed a bit, and walked around a few minutes. It felt good enough, so I continued on with my run. When I got to 1.6 miles, I knew I was done. I turned around and started walking back to the car. At some point, I ran into Jon and he turned around with me. After walking for a bit, the knee felt better, so I started a SLOW slog (run... I guess) with Jon trailing behind me. That lasted for about .25 miles and then I had to walk the rest of the way.

It SUCKED. I felt so defeated.


I've let it get to me. Way too much. I was so mentally prepared to have an awesome workout this morning that even though half of it WAS awesome, I haven't even taken the time to appreciate it, which makes me even MORE mad. I need to let it go and just write it off. It is what it is. Tomorrow's another day, with another workout. Onward and upward. I just need to remember the following:



No comments:

Post a Comment