Thursday, June 14, 2012

So far this week

Tuesday, I skipped my bike ride. I know, I know... I need to do it! I did go swim for an hour though. I'm so happy I've been bumped up a lane to "lane 4". I think for now, it's right where I need to be. I'm able to swim at my speed and still work on technique/form. I'm slowly getting to know a couple of my teammates, which is always nice.

Wednesday, I got up and went to TNT at 6:50am again. It'll take me some time to adjust to the new time of weight lifting. My body's sooooo not used to it and is screaming at me for it. I also got to meet up with our former assistant trainer, Mary, to go for a run. I know I'm WAY slower than she is, but it was nice to have someone else to run with. I went to her place and we headed out for a 40 min run (which turned out to be *just* over 4 miles, so the Z2 pace was good) along some trails in the area I don't normally get to run. I think I'll be heading over to that area more often (just need to find a place to park really). 

Today, I have a 40 min bike ride and an hour swim. I'll definitely be doing the swim, and I need to force myself to do the ride later today. I'll update later about how it all goes.

Edited to add: The swim went great! I'm getting super comfortable in the lane I'm in. Definitely a better fit than the one lower. We did about 2500m in an hour, so I'm feeling confident that I can do 1900 in less than an hour - even though my open water times are much slower than my pool times.

No comments:

Post a Comment