Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First swim & bike

Yesterday, I went on my first (real) bike ride and swim since the race on May 12. For the bike ride, I did 30 minutes on my tri bike around the neighborhood. I'm getting a little more comfortable in my aerobars, but definitely need more practice. It was about 90 degrees, so I didn't want to do a full hour out - especially my first time out in almost a month.

The swim was my first swim with the Team Z group. I found the appropriate lane (about 50 seconds per 50) and jumped in with the other swimmers. There were 5 guys and me in this lane. One of the other guys decided to get into the next lane up since there were only 2 people in that lane. We did our warm-up, 4x25s, and 2x200s, and then Coach R came over and told all 5 of us that we should be doing the 1600 and not the 2x800s that were the other option. The guys all looked at each other like he was crazy. I just said "ok". Somewhere along the (long) 1600, I managed to lap all of the guys at least once, if not more. They all hung on the wall for a bit... not sure what that was all about. Maybe they were having off days or just haven't kept up with their swimming over the winter. Who knows...

I've got a 40-60 minute run to do today - need to wait for the sun to go down a little bit before heading out to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment