Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday's Swim

Today was a swim day. We no longer have the numbers to reserve lanes to do our morning swims, so it's on your own. Here was the workout:

Wednesday
Swim - wu - swim and drills 300 yd; 1 x 400yd.TT, rest 2-3 min. (this is all out effort); 4 x 200 yd. (rest 10-20 sec. ) hold within 3-5 sec. of each other; cool down - kick/pull 200-300

Here's what I did:

wu - swim and drills 300 yd; 1 x 400yd.TT, rest 2-3 min. (this is all out effort); 2 x 200 yd. (rest 10-20 sec. ) hold within 3-5 sec. of each other; cool down - kick/pull 200

I was getting taken over by kids. I'm going to have to put a comment in the box about the number of kids in the pool and how the lifeguards aren't doing anything about them coming into the lap lane. It's a real issue. I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing to kick these kids out of the lanes... especially when they could be using the outdoor pool. There's also this guy giving swim lessons to a bunch of kids and he likes to use the adult lap lane to do it. It's really annoying and it makes me feel like I have to hurry up and finish my workout, when in reality, he should be in a different lane. I'll keep plugging away. I think right now, I'm just concerned about getting through my next race and then into October. I'll deal with the "issues" after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment