Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Swim/bike Brick

Today was the Reston Swim Clinic at one of the local lakes. We don't get a chance to open water swim much around here, so quite a few from the team headed over. We donned our wetsuits, put on the bright yellow caps, and got into the water. It wasn't too cold, which was good. It took me about 100m to get into my steady breathing. I think it's just not being in clear water. I did 3 laps, which they were saying equaled a mile, but there's no way it did. My right shoulder's really been bothering me lately, and it definitely did today.

After the swim, we got out of our wetsuits, grabbed our bikes, and headed out for the Reston bike course. T was leading the pack and did not let us have a moment's rest! Our first lap of 7 miles was at an average pace of about 20 mph. Crazy woman! The second lap of 7 miles took a bit longer, but that's ok.

We were supposed to go on a run after, but I wasn't feeling up for it, and neither was the majority of the group. I think one person went out for the run after. It's ok though, I needed to get home and get ready to head to the family picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment