Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday and Tuesday's workouts

So, I've got a fire in my belly again. As I take on the last three weeks of this tri season, I've realized that I REALLY need to do my brick workouts... and I need to stop with the excuses about my other workouts. I've seriously slacked off the past few weeks - and as good of a race as I had on Sunday, it showed.

Here were Monday and Tuesday's workouts:

Monday
Day off; Recovery day

Tuesday
Track - Hill Repeats x 6. 30 sec -1 min. recovery at the top. Jog back down and right into next.
If doing on your own. 1:30 hill
TNT
Spin

On Monday, I did some yoga specifically targetted towards my hips since my right IT band was bothering me so much. I also took a bath in epsom salt and rolled out my calves with The Stick.

Tuesday, I met Coach L for track. I think we did 6 or 7 hill repeats. I took them a bit slower than I would've normally because my left calf was still a bit sore. Tuesday night, I went to TNT. It was good - other than the weighted walking lunges (17.5 lbs in each hand). Spin class was awesome. We did lactate threshold intervals. It hurt to do any standing work, so I stayed in the saddle once I figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment