Sunday, March 25, 2012

Saturday Spin - Sunday Technology

On Saturday, I did this crazy spin (another TrainerRoad workout) while watching a movie called Ride the Divide. Ride the Divide is a movie about an underground mountain bike race bearing the same name. It's a 2712 mile ride from Canada to the border of Mexico/US along the continental divide. It was absolutely ridiculous! It was basically 3 weeks long. Only 6 of the 19 who started finished. CRAZINESS! Apparently, over the life of the race (as of 2010), about 100 people have started the race and only about 40 have finished. That's a HARD race! It made me work harder, for sure.

That being said... when I finished the workout, it didn't save to the database! It did save locally, but not to the TR website. Nate, one of the founders of TR, helped me get the files and was able to extract it. I wish it were as easy as it sounds like it was... I had such a hard time finding the files. Being a newbie to the Mac platform, it was rough! I spent about 2 hrs total searching the web for information on how to find hidden folders. But, I did it, and I learned a few things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment