Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Last week’s update and this week’s schedule

Oh goodness, I really slacked off last week. Both with the blog and with my workouts! Apparently, I needed the mental break. As April 9 gets closer, I feel more pumped about starting my 70.3 training, but I also feel a slight need to take a mental break. Once April 9 gets here, I have 20 weeks of craziness ahead of me. I can do it, one week, one day, at a time.

Last week, I did my TNT/Spin class on Tuesday, swim on Wednesday, TNT on Thursday, and TNT run on Sunday. Spin class on Tuesday was a harsh reminder that I really should’ve gone more often this winter instead of being on my bike. I know I need time on my bike too, but I just don’t push myself like Dawn pushes me. I’ll be heading back to spin class more often now. I need to get my butt back in gear with my first tri coming up in less than 2 months!

The run on Sunday was HORRIBLE. Ok, I shouldn’t say that without an explanation. We did fartleks. Now, when I’ve done fartleks before, they’re generally shorter ones. We did 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400m runs with varied amounts of rest in between. Now, 1600m is a mile. I ran an 8:40ish mile, but it wasn’t pretty. I was kind of dehydrated from not being home and not having enough water the day before. Both of my calves had cramped up in the middle of the night (sure sign of dehydration) and I just couldn’t get enough water into myself before the run. Even though I was keeping a good pace, it was just a bad run because of the dehydration. I knew immediately what was causing it and was able to talk with our coach about it, but it still sucked.

Now… this week.

Monday – off
Tuesday – TNT/Spin
Wednesday – Swim (1400m – base intervals)
Thursday – TNT/Run (weigh in & body fat checks at TNT)
Friday – Swim (1400m – fartlek intervals)
Saturday – Bike (1 hr 15 min – depending on how I’m feeling, I might go for a short 10-15 min transition run after)
Sunday – Run (50 min)

I took Monday off… even though I had taken Thursday – Saturday off from my cardio exercises. Tuesday’s TNT and Spin combination was hard. It was pretty warm in the gym and by the end of spin, I was running out of steam. It’ll get easier as I do it more and more again, but wow!

That gets me all caught up. I’ll be swimming tonight. Looking forward to being in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment