Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Half way through

So, we're half way through the week and I haven't posted an update. I'm horrible about blogging.

Monday - Yoga specifically targeting stretching out my legs. It was awesome.

Tuesday - TNT and spin. I went to TNT and hit it hard, per the norm. Of course, T had me doing some crazy stuff, bench dips with the ball for my feet and 17.5 lbs (each hand) weighted lunges/squats among them. My legs are crazy strong, but really?! I came home and didn't WANT to get on my bike, but I did. I got to play with Trainer Road again, did the "Free Ride 30" workout this time. That means I did whatever I wanted to for 30 minutes. I did a steady cadence ride. I tend to ride with my cadence pretty low, right around 80 rpm. I don't know why, but that's my "happy place". Anyhow, that's what I did for the 30 minutes while watching Coast Guard Alaska on The Weather Channel. The Coast Guard really doesn't get enough credit for the work they do.

I talked with my running coach tonight about my plan from him. It'll be interesting. He doesn't want to mess with my schedule too much given my tri training, but we're still far enough out that he could. We'll see how this goes.

Wednesday - Swim. I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't want to do this today. My goal for February is to do all of my planned workouts though, so I couldn't skip February 1st's workout! Plus, I've been having a crappy week, so I figured I could use the quiet time. The pool was crowded, but I did manage to get a lane (1 lane was swim lessons, 1 lane was random people, and apparently a family using the 3rd lane left right as I was coming in).

I pulled a rookie move today though... I forgot my towel! Now, I live all of .25 mi from the gym, if that. I could've easily gone home and gotten it. The problem is, I probably wouldn't have gone back to the gym. That's why I pack my gym bag and stop on the way there in the first place. Ah well. So I dried off for a few minutes in the sauna and then toweled down as much as I could with my cami I had been wearing. I can't believe I forgot it!

Now, for the rest of the week. Tomorrow's weigh in and body fat day. Wooo hooo! Can't wait to see how horrible my numbers got over the one session. T's going to have my head. Ah well, starting today, I'm back on track to get where I need to be for May, July, and August!

No comments:

Post a Comment