Saturday, February 18, 2012

This week's workouts

So, this week's been pretty good. I had to completely redo my workout plans for the next 8 weeks based on the fact that I have a 10 mile run in April and a sprint tri in May.

Monday - did yoga. Mostly shoulder stretching, which felt great.

Tuesday - spin for 40 min or so before TNT. Went well, did 3 min on (high cadence), 3 min off. TNT was great. I got the "privilege" of doing double the leg exercises.

Wednesday - I realized when I got in the car to go to the gym that I had forgotten my swim workout at home that morning. So, I decided to do a long, continuous swim instead. 1600m - about a mile. I did it in 35 min flat, so that's good. Right about where I was mid-season last season. :)

Thursday - Run and TNT... this one was just WEIRD. I had a few weird body things going on. Tingling in my hand, tongue, then a killer headache. I pushed through all of those things, but did take it easier than normal. Apparently I was moving slower than normal too because my trainer asked if I was feeling ok.

Friday - I slacked off. I had a 45 min bike ride planned, but my head was still bothering me a bit and I decided to listen to my body and not workout.

Saturday - Run & Bike. I did the run - four 800 repeats. The second one was WAY too fast. I definitely slowed down for #3 & 4, which was good. I forgot I had the bike planned, so I'll add that to tomorrow's workout.

2 comments:

  1. No idea on your headache but your workouts always inspire me. How are you doing with 2012 goals listed on the side here? Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! I'm doing well on 9 &10... but the others come and go. Number 1, I haven't really started yet, training starts in April. I'm getting better about incorporating yoga into my routine, but still have plenty of room to grow!

    ReplyDelete