Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday: TNT and a Rant

/rant start

I hate this time of year. Everyone's got their resolutions to "get healthy" or "workout more" and you know what it does? It ruins my workouts. Normally, I'm ubber supportive of people who want to get healthier. Every January comes and everyone and their brother states that they want to do this like it's expected. Here's my thought on it.

If you didn't do it Dec 31, why start on Jan 1? I know a lot of people say "new year, fresh start." But I call BS. Any day can be a fresh start, you just have to make it so.

Why the rant? A million people were at the gym tonight. We could barely move. Several of them were teenage boys just hanging out on the weight floor... and being IN THE WAY. When I go to the gym, I go to workout. I've made friends there, we chat while in between sets (and while we're doing squats or lunges), but make no mistake, I'm there to work. I've flat out refused to go to my normal spin class recently because there are just too many people.

I know gyms need customers to stay in business, but I need people to be consistent. When the resolutioners stop coming to the gym in 1-2 months, I'll still be there. I have a 70.3 (potentially two!) to get ready for.

/rant over

All of that said... I had a decent workout tonight. It was super crowded, and one of the other trainers was interfering with our group, but it's all good. My arms had a nice, dull pain to them when I left (the rubbery feeling is great).

Also today, I talked with the TNT Fitness Running Coach. I'm going to give his program a try to get my butt running to my full potential. Looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure what to comment about but I am reading :)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... thanks. Tonight was just a bit frustrating. I needed to get it out in writing. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think it is better to write it down and get it out instead of playing it over in you mind again & again.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete