Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Seriously Slacking Off

I've been seriously slacking on not just my posts, but my workouts too. Apparently, I used up a lot of good mojo in 2011, because so far, 2012 has sucked. I haven't felt like myself since about Christmas, been slacking on workouts and just not "feelin it" in general. Last week, I had a few things happen that just rocked my world, and continue to do so. This too shall pass... I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

All of that being said, a few things are looking up in workout world. I talked with my soon to be running coach, CJ. I'm excited to see what he comes up with for my run training and how we integrate that with my 70.3 training when the time comes.

I've decided that my current 70.3 plan is a bit too ambitious and am going to step it down one level. It'll still give me the same type of training, just cut out some of the "overboardness" of the first plan. If I decide mid-way through that I can handle more, I'll switch up. I'd rather switch up than feel like I'm failing and have to go down.

I took my bike to the shop for yet another fit on Sunday, a new saddle (YAY!), new (blue) handle bar tape, and a tire specifically done up for my trainer. It has to stay until at least Thursday, maybe Friday. I can't wait to get it back. I miss my baby. I can't wait to hook up TrainerRoad with the trainer tire and new saddle and rock out.

I finally sat my butt on a spin bike for the first time in 2012. We're 17 days into the year and it's the first time I've spun all year. For that 30 minutes, I stared myself down and really thought about everything that's on my mind, and I felt like ME. 17 days into the year and it's the first time I've felt like me.

I'm starting to slowly snap out of this funk I've been in... and just in time. Week 3 of the high volume transition plan starts next week - it's the first non-rest week of that plan. We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck next week. Hope you get back to feeling better soon. After Marty's whole episode I can't help but pitch Vitamin D etc. ok, off my soapbox Glad the bike ride was therapeutic!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda. Vitamin D is great for helping getting out of funks! I need to refocus - hopefully I can use this week to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete