Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday

This morning's workout was the following:

Track/Speed workout: wu with drills - pose drill (#4), exaggerated lunge, lean with hips. 10 x 400 with 2 x recovery

There were 3 of us there, plus Coach L, which was nice. We did the drills in the parking lot since the sun's no longer up at 5:15 and we needed some light (and the track's not lit very well). I still hate these drills, am probably doing them wrong, and don't really feel like my running form needs to change all that much. A few months later, I'm still not convinced Pose running is for me.

We did 6 x 400s with the 2x recovery (then I had to leave at 6am). Each of our 400s was between 1:38 - 1:41. Not too bad, a 4 second differential. The majority of them were 1:39 or 1:40, so that's good. S was keeping pace today, which I was happy about because I really wasn't wanting to do these. I'm feeling really grumpy so far this week, and really overwhelmed, so to just follow someone was a nice break mentally.

TNT went well tonight - pretty typical workout. My shoulder's been bothering me, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Spin class was rough - D being back is awesome. Hills and sprints today. The hills were super long. We had a new spinner in class, he did well! Love Tuesday night spin class!

No comments:

Post a Comment