Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday

Today's workout was:

Track/Speed workout -
wu with drills - pose drill (#4), exaggerated lunge, lean with hips; 4 x 200 (1/2 track); 2 x 400 (1 x track); 1 x 800 (2 x track); cool down

Here's what happened:

I've decided that my tri group is filled with slackers. I understand that our coach is out of town, but can't SOMEONE else actually run in the group?! No one wanted to meet up for the run, so that's out for today. I decided to do TNT and spin class today. Since this week is pretty run heavy, I'll probably skip this run instead of trying to squeeze it in.

TNT was good. T and I are going to start working on lower weights, higher reps and see how that goes over the next 6 weeks. We'll get it down. I need to get him on the same page as what I'm on... slowly but surely.

Spin was great! D was 15 minutes late (OOPS!), but she's back from vacation and it was an awesome workout. I almost skipped spin to do the run, but I'm so glad I didn't.

On another note, I'm starting to think forward to off-season. I got the Triathlete's Training Bible and the Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide books yesterday, and am very happy to see that there are a couple of off-season training programs in the EWbWTG book. Can't wait to get reading and putting together a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment