Saturday, August 27, 2011

This week in recap

Since I was lazy and didn't update this at all this week, I'll just put it all in one entry:

MondayDay off

What I did: I did exactly this. I desperately needed it too. After the weekend's workouts, I was still sore and not up to doing anything.

Tuesday
Track/Speed workout - wu with drills - pose drill (#4), exaggerated lunge, lean with hips; 2 x 800 , 2 x 400, 2 x 200. All with equal recovery.
TNT
Spin

What I did: We spent a lot of time doing the drills, which was fine. It's super dark in the mornings these days, but it was beautiful. The weather was perfection (in the mid-50s, low humidity) and the stars and moon were out. I did the 2x800s and the 2x400s, but didn't have time for the 2x200s. Around 1:51 this afternoon, we had a 5.8 earthquake. On the East Coast, that's unheard of! I went to TNT later that afternoon, but skipped spin. My hamstrings were still a bit sore from the weekend and I didn't want to push it unnecessarily.

Wednesday
Swim - wu - 400 swim and drills; 20 x 50 with 10-20 sec. rest between hold each effort within 3-5 sec;
300 cool down - pull, kick, non free

What I did: 400m warmup, 10x50 with the 10-20 sec rest. Today was a "slacker" day. I didn't feel like doing the swim and I hung on the wall chatting too much. One of the ladies had done IronGirl the weekend before, and I wanted to hear about it. :)

Thursday
Bike - 3-5 x 5k effort/ spin 1 mile in between
TNT

What I did: TNT then up to the spin room for 2x5k effort spins with 1k in between (instead of 1 mile) since the spin bike computers are in km and not miles.

Friday
Swim- 4 x 300, 3 x 200, 2 x 100, 1 x 50

What I did: Went to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner, weekend, and the following week. Hurricane Irene is getting ready to ruin the weekend, so everyone was there, and I knew I needed to get in before it got to be too late. Later in the night, my body started to freak out. My hand fell asleep, then my upper lip and nose had some tingling, then my eyes got weird and I couldn't see correctly, and then I got a killer headache. I'm not sure if it's the weather or what, but 2 asprin and some water, and I headed to bed.

Saturday
Run - 60-120 min. run depending on distances you're training for.

What I did: So far today, I slept in. I figured I needed it given how my body was behaving the night before. This week's been so weird. My sister called and she's coming up with her son to seek shelter. Mom decided to stick it out at her house. I'm starting to get a headache again, so we'll see how it goes.

Sunday
Brick -
sprint - 20-25 mile bike / 3 mile run
olympic - 30 mile bike/ 3-4 mile run
half - 40-50 mile bike/ 8 mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment