Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday: Ringing in Hope 10k Race Report

I apparently never wrote this race report... Oops! If I think about it, I'll come back to put SOMETHING in here.

---------------------------------
Race report: 2 yrs later...

Um, not sure how I missed this race report! I loved that the start time was like 10:00am. Makes for a "relaxing" pre-race morning. Met up with Kathy & planned to run as much of it with her as possible. I hadn't really been training for this race & was a bit off my game.

The first 5k went well. People were running all over the place & running into cones. I took a honey stinger along with some water around the half way point. Around mile 5, I had to stop and stretch out my hip. As soon as I did, it popped and felt SO much better! Kathy had gone ahead while I stretched, so I got back to running & finished it up. I ran it in 1:01:50 (which Garmin Connect is telling me is a 10k personal best - I think it is for a stand-alone 10k). If I hadn't stopped to stretch, it would've been under an hour. Ah well.

Shortest race report ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment