Monday, October 3, 2011

This week's workouts

Coach L was a bit late getting us the workouts this week. They're turning to be a bit more run/bike related, depending on your focus of "off-season". It's cardio week for TNT, which is nice. I won't be doing bootcamp on Saturday, so I'll do my long run Saturday (since I've got the Hot Chocolate 15k coming up in December) and then my long ride on Sunday.


Monday
Day off

Tuesday
Run - 5k tempo run (meant to be run at race pace effort. not an easy workout. as fast as you can maintain for the 5k) record your time for comparison.
Spin class - maybe

Wednesday
Swim - wu with swim and drills - 300-400 yds; 5 x 200 yd with 20sec. rest btwn efforts. try to keep efforts within 3-5 sec. of each other; cd - non free 200-400 yds.

Thursday
Track - 8-10 x 400's with equal recovery; good wu and cd

Friday
Bike - 20 mile effort. Every other mile all out effort.

Saturday
Bootcamp
(I'll probably do the long run here instead of tomorrow)

Sunday
Run - long; 1/2  marathoners /Chocolate runners - 4-7 miles depending on what you have built up to
marathoners - 2:45-3 hour run
Bike - 3 hour ride (to prep for  Sea Gull Century)

No comments:

Post a Comment