Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 2 Moving into Week 3

Week 2 was a success for me, not so much for my husband. I had 1 glass of "homemade" diet coke from our Soda Stream machine, even with going out and going to a birthday party for my 3 yr old nephew. I will say that Jon seems to be "hooked" onto other beverages much more than I am. I like the occasional soda, but it's not my first choice. I also have to include an "alternative" milk in my drink list. Though, it's normally used on cereal and not so much as a drink for me.

On to the next challenge:

Week 3: Meat – All meat consumed this week will be locally raised (within 100-miles of your hometown). Meat consumption will also be limited to 3 – 4 servings this week, and when it is eaten meat will not be presented as the “focal point” of the meal. Instead meat will be treated as a side item or simply used to help flavor a dish.

We've decided that we're limiting meat consumption to 1 meal a day, to make this a bit more realistic for us. The 100 mile rule is ideal, but given that we missed this week's farmer's market, I'm not going to worry as much about that one.

I have a feeling that this one's going to be a bit more difficult, as we normally have meat at lunch and dinner.

I didn't do as well in week 2 about keeping up with my fruits & veggies. I was still adding more than I have in the past, but it wasn't necessarily 2 at each meal. So, I'll be making sure that I keep that up this week too.

I have been HORRIBLE at keeping up with my workouts recently. I'm not even sure why. This week is a "recovery" week, so it's the perfect week to get back on the horse. I think the mental drain of this past season is as good as over. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not a big meatier and would still find this one tough. Be curious to see what you come up with for meals. Not as the focal point is what would be super hard for me. I had been wondering how your fruit and veggy intake was going. brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had veggie fajitas for lunch and chicken casserole (leftovers) for dinner today. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Guess I really should make at least one of the quinoa dishes I have pinned. :) Lunches and/or dinners should be interesting! I'm trying to make sure I get in at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 6 if I can, but I'm not being as crazy about it as I was the first week. This week, that'll probably go up a bit again.

    ReplyDelete