Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 3 review and Week 4 beginning

Week 3 SUCKED. There, I said it. It wasn't an easy challenge... and I actually did OK with it until Wednesday, when I had chicken for lunch and dinner. After that... all bets were off. Even then, I did ok and didn't make meat the "star" of any meal, but I wasn't keeping it to one a day. I'll have to try that one again at some point.

Week 4 is this:

Week 4: No fast food or deep-fried foods – No fast food or any foods that have been deep-fried in oil.

I'm hoping this one goes a little easier for me. The biggest challenge will be while Jon's gone on business and not going somewhere "quick" to grab dinner, or if I do to make it a smart choice.

Things I need to get out in the open:

1) I've been slacking on my cardio. I'm planning to resolve that this week. Today, I think I'm going to play a Wii game that involves me moving just to make it something different. Tomorrow, I'm planning on swimming and running.

2) My weight is currently on the rise and it's bothering the crap out of me. I'm back up to 146 lbs and I'm able to feel the effects of it. So, this week starts not only the no fast food/deep-fried foods challenge, but also a challenge to keep between 1200-1500 calories per day. It's harder to do than it should be.

3) I felt so good during week 1 and have let the fruit/veggie consumption slide. I'll be working to get that back up to help with problem number 2 on this list.

4) I'm starting to take on a personal training client (other than my mom). I'm hoping this will be a positive experience for us both!

2 comments:

  1. You will do fine this week. Now sicking to the calories would be the hard part for me. The times we are out of time and Marty wants to do fast food I make him go to the grocery store so I can run in and do the salad bar. Plus maybe keep a packet of nuts and a protein bar in your purse. Granted want works for me might not work for you. Last week just sounds so hard. I wonder if chicken soup counts. That is what I am making today and chicken is kind of the main part. Good luck!!

    I was just thinking yesterday of doing one of my 2 dance type games on the Wii after my little 30 minute workout. I have Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves and that other dance one that the commercials have all these people up and doing it together. Since I am not working today I will try to do a few songs after my workout. Silly but I hate unplugging the VCR to plug in the Wii. What Wii game are you going to do?

    How many days per week are you and your client working out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week should be better. Calories today may be a challenge - Jon just called and said "come to lunch with us!". Ah well. I'll do my best and no snacking for the rest of the day unless it's fruits/veggies.

    We have a couple of the Wii games and Xbox games. Not sure which I'll do yet!

    We're planning to meet 2 days a week. We'll start Thursday of this week and then do Monday/Thursday going forward (though, next Thursday is Thanksgiving). I'm excited about getting some experience!

    ReplyDelete