Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Journey

I've talked about it a few times on here, but I'm "over" it. I HAVE to get rid of these 10 lbs I put back on over the past year. Luckily, through my awesome tri team, I've met a few great people. Three of us - Tracy, Jess, and myself - have started an accountability group to work through our workouts and eating. I'm super excited about it. So, starting today, I'm not only tracking my food, but I'm also measuring my food. Something I've had great success with before.

Our "reward" at the end of this is going to be hiking Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah National Park. I'm really looking forward to that hike! We didn't set a goal date for that quite yet, but we'll get to that at some point.

Also, I'm going to try to do one meatless day for dinner a week starting this week. Tonight, we're having a veggie pizza. In the next few weeks, it'll be something a bit more interesting than that. Jon's been really craving pizza and it's the one we have in the house. I think I'll make a salad to go along with it.

My dr wants me on a low-fat, high-fiber diet, so I'm going to do some research on that and see what I'd be looking at doing. I know I need to add more protein to my diet as well.

I should be getting my weight/body fat done tomorrow, so I'll update this with that. Going to get moving on all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment