Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another week, another goal

So, I've spent the first half of this week sick. My hubby brought home a cold and shared it. How sweet. I missed pretty much every workout from last Friday up to today.

Today, I got back in the gym and did my TNT class and got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I was planning on running those 30 minutes as my body could tolerate (given the whole cold thing... which has been in my lungs too, so I know not to push too hard), but a couple of things happened.

1) I ran for about 3 minutes and that was plenty and 2) I was chatting with a fellow TNTer about her experience as a person who has Hashimoto's disease and hypothyroidism.

#2 was more important to me today than running. Given my recent lab results and new found family history, I've been researching like mad. Last week was a horrible week. Now that I have an appointment scheduled with an endocrinologist, I could care less what my primary care says. I'll be searching for a new primary care at some point in the near future, but for now, I just need to get my head straight about the possibility that what's been causing some of these things for YEARS could've been helped if any one of a number of drs had taken me seriously at some point. No matter what the response is, I'll be glad to have things checked out.

This week's goal... kick this cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment