Sunday, September 9, 2012

Continuing Yoga and Bike & Run Goals

Last week was a bit crazy, so I didn't get all 3 yoga sessions in that I had set as a goal. But, I did manage to get 2 in, so I'll take it. Today, both Jon and I did Yogamazing podcast's  (free on iTunes) "Yoga for back and shoulders". It was a 20 minute session - nice and quick.

In my USAT newsletter, there was an article about the benefits of yoga for endurance athletes.

http://www.usatriathlon.org/about-multisport/multisport-zone/multisport-lab/articles/benefits-of-yoga-for-endurance-090412.aspx

Now that I'm "officially" in my off-season, I'm readjusting some of my training to focus a bit more on a few things:


  • Yoga, yoga, foam rolling, and more foam rolling.
  • Getting stronger on my bike. 
  • Running a half marathon in under 2:30:xx.
  • Maintain my swim fitness.
  • Losing the 10 lbs I need to shed. 
  • Do some activities I don't normally get to during "season".


I've hit on the yoga & foam rolling enough recently, so I'll just leave it at that. ;)

For the bike, I'm planning on using the Trainer Road base & build programs. I need to sit down with a calendar and see how much time I have before I start ramping up for my next 70.3. If nothing else, I'll at least get the base stuff in!

Not only am I hoping to run this half marathon in under 2:30:xx, I also need to start running again, so that'll have to happen. :) I think I'm going to get to the gym early tomorrow and hit the treadmill for a mile. Nothing more. My legs were surprisingly sore from the workout on Wednesday (which was a bit leg heavy), so I'm going to take it easy, but need to start getting stuff in.

I worked hard on getting my swim fitness to be better last off-season. This off-season, I'll be working to maintain it, but won't be spending a lot of time on increasing it.

The 10 lbs thing is self-explanatory. We did so well a couple of years ago with Weight Watchers. We've slipped off the wagon a good bit - especially while we were on vacation - and now, it's time to get back to work. I'll be using myfitnesspal to track my food & exercise. Now... to do it! Getting back on track with training will help that.

This off-season, my biggest goal is to just enjoy doing stuff that I don't normally get to do because training's "in the way". When we were in Maine for Rev3, we went to Acadia and LOVED the mountain biking (though, mountain bikes are NOT in our future right now) and hiking. I'm excited because fall is coming up and we'll be able to visit a few local state and national parks to go hiking. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment