Monday, July 2, 2012

Entry slackin!

Last week was a super busy week!

I didn't get my run in on Wednesday, but was ok with that (I need to STOP being ok with that...).

Thursday, I decided to meet up the team for the 6pm ride and then do the 8pm swim. The ride was really good. We had a headwind on the longest part of the 3.9 mile loop, which royally sucked, but we all managed through. The swim was good, though my shoulder was bothering me a bit. I swam through it and got my laps in.

Friday was a rest day and I did that :)

Saturday, I was supposed to do a 10 mile run. We had a crazy thunderstorm system roll through Friday night, so we decided to do our runs at the gym - wouldn't have to worry about getting up super early after going to bed way later than normal. Well, somehow the gym didn't have power! I'm not entirely sure how that's possible given that we did and we live about 0.1 miles from the gym, but they have to be on a different grid or something. So, no gym. It was incredibly hot and nasty out, so we decided to do the runs on Sunday morning.

Sunday, we got up, went to the gym and decided to do an hour on the dreadmill. I got in 5.99 miles (dang it for not being 6 miles!) and Jon got in close to 4 miles. I'm proud of him - I think it's the furthest he's gone. He walked the last 20 minutes or so, but it's still a great accomplishment for him. Later on Sunday, we got the bikes all set up and started in for our long ride. Because of the crazy storm, we had already decided that a ride outside wasn't a great idea with the amounts of debris on the road. We put on the prologue of the Tour de France and settled in. Jon had a 1.5 hr ride (30 miles outside) and I had a 3 hr ride (60 miles outside) to do. I'm so glad I had something like Tour to keep me occupied, 3 hrs is a LONG ride on the trainer!

This morning, I hurt. My muscles are fine... my sits bones, not so much. Stupid breaking in period of this saddle. We're waiting for our July schedules, but I'm pretty sure it's a rest day, so rest I will! I think I'm going to try to get in some yoga today as it's much needed!

5 days until General Smallwood International Relay.
12 days until Colonial Beach International.
55 days until Rev3 Maine Half.


No comments:

Post a Comment