Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New week, fun workouts

Ok, fun might be pushing it. Monday, I did TNT and skipped my run (see the bad habit here?). Tuesday I didn't ride, but swam. I really enjoy my team swims. Even though we really don't talk much, I feel more motivated and pushed harder than if I swam alone. Today, I did TNT and a 30 min run.

I tried out the Galloway method today, and I have to say I really liked it. I'll have to mess around with my times, but I'll figure it out. I averaged a 10:05/mile pace running a 9:13/mile and walking a 16:00/mile. I think I'll try adjusting the length of the run (to 4 minutes instead of 3:30) before I start messing with speed.

Yesterday, I signed my hubby and I up for the Disney Half Marathon in January. YAY! Disney trip! Ok, ok, there's a (huge) run in there, but it'll be GREAT! I'm so happy to have Jon doing it with me.

Today, the gym was so hot that this saying is totally appropriate. My legs were sweating. It takes some serious heat to get my legs to sweat. Gross!


I'm trying to figure out a couple of inspiring sayings to write on the inside of my arms for the 70.3 for when the going gets tough. So far, I like "I inspire myself"; "You are who you choose to be"; "Don't give up, you've got this"; and "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone". Have any you think I should consider?

No comments:

Post a Comment