Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sunday's ride & this week

Sunday, we set out for a 50 mile ride - me and the boys... yup... the boys. Jon and his two bosses (who are awesome) joined me on my training ride. It was originally supposed to be 70 miles, but it was kind of nasty out and I was happy with 50. It's a good thing too, because they were DONE by the time we hit 50. One of the bosses had to turn around after about an hour because he had to get home to get to church. The other hung with us, which was good. We did the 50 miles in about 3:06 of moving time, almost 4 hrs of actual time. We made a couple of stops, which was fine by me! I wasn't sore at all after this ride, which is GREAT news!


This week, I've done both of my weightlifting sessions, which are always fun. I will say that my trainer is upping my weights recently, which I have really mixed feelings about. I know I can do more weight, but since the scale has only been moving up or staying put recently, I'm kind of frustrated. That said, I'm still able to wear the clothes I was wearing 10 lbs ago, so I know it's likely muscle and a change in body composition. It's still just a bit frustrating.

I also swam with the team last night. Always good to be in the pool... especially after a week of being out of it because my body wasn't cooperating. I'm really starting to enjoy swimming. I'm not really getting a whole lot better, but I'm enjoying it, which is making it easier!

Also, we decided to pull out of the race in September. It was supposed to be Jon's first triathlon and he had asked me to do it with him for support. I had hesitantly said yes to begin with. His swimming has progressed a LOT, but it's not quite there enough for a 750m open water swim. After the foot to my chest last weekend, I am insistant that he can do it in the pool and not have any anxiety about it before he gets in the open water to do it. I was hesitant to do the race (even though it's "just" a sprint) because my 70.3 is 2 weeks before. Also, it's our nephew's birthday, and he's getting to an age that he may not forgive us if we miss it. So, hopefully a refund will be placed in the bank account and all will be well.

Now... to get an October race on the schedule! Maybe I'll do the team race. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment