Friday, July 20, 2012

This week

I've been slacking horribly this week. Triathlon has been on my mind, but my body hates me right now. Monday, I didn't go to TNT because I just needed a day off. I was tired... and slept for about 12 hours. Those who know me know this is highly unusual.

Tuesday, I went to TNT and ran for a whopping 13 minutes before class (I had planned on 25-30, but a potty break meant I had to cut the run short). I had every intention of going to swim that night, but after my massage, I decided it was best to let the healing powers do their thing.

Wednesday, I just slacked... there was no reason for it. I just did.

Thursday... oh goodness. I cycled for a whole 15 minutes before TNT. I felt horrible during TNT, just drained. When I got home, I realized my shoulder was hurting so badly... I'm not sure how I missed that during TNT. Guess I just thought I was drained. I iced the shoulder, took ibuprofen, etc and again didn't swim. UGH!

Today, Friday, is our built in rest day. My shoulder still feels like crap, so I'll give it another day.

That all healing massage? Yea, I think it screwed up my shoulder a bit. Grrrr. It's making me rethink the timing of my August massage for sure (Tuesday before the 70.3 race).

This weekend, I have an 11 mile run and a 70 mile bike ride. Thankfully not on the same day this time. I also just ordered a custom blend of Infinit, so we'll see how that works. After the salt bomb that happened last Sunday, I have to do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment