Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Run Like the Wind

Ok seriously, who in their right mind gets up at 4:15 to do a 5:15 run? Triathletes and marathoners, that's who. Today, we did a track workout. We did a warmup followed by some speed work, and wrapped up with a 6 minute cooldown run.

Our speed work?

10x 30 seconds - full sprint; 1 min - "rest".

Our rest could be a jog, walk, or full stop. Most of us walked all of the "rests". A couple of the ladies did full stops for the later recoveries. The sprints were full on efforts. I actually have no idea when I last ran that fast. It felt good, but my hamstrings are begging for mercy.

I was supposed to go to spin class tonight, but I decided to come home and rest instead. I figured I have no clue what tomorrow's swim will be like, so for this week, just see how it goes.

I feel good about today's effort and that's all that really matters to me this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment