Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paleo - week 1

So, we're 3.5 days into being on a Paleo diet. We're doing OK with it. We're cleaning out the pantry of non-Paleo things a little too, so a couple of snacks & breakfasts have been non-Paleo. Until those things are gone, we'll continue to do that. We won't replace those items, just don't want to waste the $$ that was spent when we bought them. 

Here's a quick review of the recipes I've made this week.

Breakfasts:
Banana Bread French Toast - so yummy, haven't made it into french toast, but it's been awesome!
Chocolate Cinnamon Sweet Potato Waffles

Lunches:
Cashew Lime Chicken with salad - so good
Chicken Sausage with Spinach and Apple Slaw - quick, easy & tasty!
BLAST Sushi with Paleo Ranch Dressing (BLT sushi?! Yes please!)

Dinners:
Chicken with Mushrooms and Balsamic Cream Sauce - good. 
Roasted Tomato Bacon Soup with salad - oh so good & very filling!
Pineapple Teriyaki Wings with salad (make Paleo Ranch Dressing for dipping purposes) - just ok, may or may not make again
Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs with Grilled Squash and Pineapple
Balsamic Braised Short Ribs with Candied Carrots

I'm working on next week's menu. 

I realized when I went to bed last night that I managed to not have any veggies yesterday. Oops! Both chicken dishes I had were supposed to have a salad with them. I didn't have either one. Guess I'll be eating lots of salad today then!

I finally got my laptop charger fixed, so today, I'm getting on my bike & planning on working pretty hard. I think I'm moving the swim to tomorrow, along with the run I missed on Monday. I need to get into a full groove again!

No comments:

Post a Comment